View Single Post
Old 30th March 2016, 11:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackdog1
Shaun, I've been thinking about that line, since our discussion and I think what she meant was that Telstra provides servers as well, and we should be using local instead of Amazon.

Otherwise it makes no sense, Telstra can't just decide to put a global block on any website willy-nilly, unless the client asks for it.

I also contacted Amazon to ask how a physical setup in Sydney registers as located in the US, something doesn't jell here.
But as you know they are not very forthcoming with help for small fry like us.

I'm investigating a new service that was recommended by a reputable IT magazine, let you know in the usual way, how I go .

I have no real idea on what's going on or why, the only way i could access the Tab from my server was to use Hola on chrome, IE was blocked from installing it, am sure i could have worked it out given time.

I started using a server when i was on wifi it was cheaper than running my wifi modem all day plus i like the separate environment for developing my excel sheets with out interfering with running programs.

After all this mess i looked in to VM Ware since i have an adsl connection now, yes it is not as fast as the amazon server but i can create virtual servers with more power at no cost, but will be interested in what you find as a permanent server is a better option because of connection speeds a fallback.

"If the corporates are treating you poorly , just go elsewhere."
"If they need you , they will soon find out."
"If you need them , you will soon find out."
--moeee