Thread: Bet Angel
View Single Post
Old 21st January 2015, 11:49 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrome Prince
Hi RP,
In Excel it will always come up as stake.
You adjust from stake to liability in the actual program, so that the stake field becomes liability, only it still reads stake but actually places the lay bet at liability, if that makes sense.
Within the program itself you should have the option to select stake, liability or payout mode.

Thanks CP, I'm not sure about Bet Angel? I've read the Gruss manual and I agree with you that you can change the settings outside of excel. I tried using the excel linked commands with Bet Angel this morning and for the $30 lay liability minimum, I had to put in $3,000 as a stake at 1.01. So my theory of $50k for $500 seems right. Maybe you're right, but I just haven't found it yet? Only one more thing to crack and that's getting the Global setting TAKE_ALL_SP to work as I still had to manually trigger that.

There was one other hiccup. I've sorted a formula to identify Harness v Gallops by searching the text string, but want to include Greyhounds on the same Worksheet which is a different market all together. It's just that my worksheet contains a huge array that the program 'Index Matches' based on code of racing, number of starters, 1st fave price and price rank of current selection. No FORM here, sorry! lol (refer to my thread "Nice one boys")

I'm pretty happy with the way it's all evolved over time, not having to employ a programmer and have fully/semi automated bet placement for all 3 codes. I prefer the semi as the edge is in timing bet placement based on prices a few seconds before the jump. I can also forget about my subscription to Dynamic Odds.