Thread: Internet delay
View Single Post
Old 10th July 2014, 07:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark
Hopefully one of the computer buffs can give a reasonable explanation.

Why is it that TVN on the free service is delayed by around 20-30 seconds? I did ask them and was given some old flannel about internet delays, which years ago I may have accepted, except that now, the delay for USA racing wherever you watch it, can be as little as 2-3 seconds. Anyone?, and keep it simple as my knowledge of the inner workings of the net is very basic.

Hi Mark,

TVN stream via the internet I believe is deliberately delayed. Paying/home Foxtel subscribers receive the feed also in delayed time (in fact approx 2 seconds slower) than the commercial Sky feed that costs approx $350 per month for a single channel.

When you consider that 2 seconds is around 12 lengths then anyone trading in run is wasting their time unless they are prepared to invest the ~ $350 month to get the commercial feed. All of the serious in run traders that I know use it for obvious reasons. If you don't have that need and/or don't ever bet in the run then its a moot point.

Hope that helps.

Paul Daily - Ratings2Win Pty Ltd (Director)
R2W Axis - Axis is Australia's leading horse racing software and database; with sophisticated form analysis tools and accurate performance ratings that include Hong Kong.
http://www.ratings2win.com.au/