View Single Post
Old 23rd June 2014, 11:04 AM

I believe "time is money".

Not much to contribute from me lately, but I do my races, read up here, waiting and waiting for the dust to settle with all this getting banned stuff, wrong information etc.

My Excel "nightmare VBA codes" sort of work, I still get my selections, bet, wins some, lose some, win again and on it goes.

I can't post selections or tips for that matter cos it's in real time, ( not that I use any tips, but appreciate those who do post tips from a comparative nature after the event), thank you all.

My point is, if I was to do Betfairs, ratings, subscriptions etc etc etc, upgrade the PC cos XP may suffer an overload...., if I was to run around like a headless chook, there be more time wasted than trying to get a bet on a with run of the mill TAB,( Tatts, NSW, VicTab etc) .

I believe me and what works, and what works is I know my car rego. is due soon, I go to the TAB, withdraw the right amount of cash, then pay the car rego in person. None of this on-line stuff, too munch dependence on the internet for too much is like walking on eggshells.

I'm venturing back to the track soon, away from the PC screen, I think I now know enough "feel" to compute what my Excel does at a track once every so often.
This may get these dwidle-eyed corporates to take notice, we do not neeeed them, we can always go back to basics, a day out at the races, sniff some horse dung, a pie, tea,coffee, beer if you must, a good look around, and a bet.

That's what I believe.