Thread: Banned
View Single Post
Old 23rd June 2014, 06:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stugots
In the audio interview posted above they talk a bit about account closures & that it is an issue that needs to be addressed along with the min bet limits etc.

Surely there must be some consumer rights being violated with the current approach being taken by the corps - odd's are publicly advertised (for sale) but when certain customers decide to take those odds either they cannot 'buy' them at the advertised price or can only 'buy' them in such small amounts as to make the exercise pointless - when I buy a bag of peanuts at Wollies, I rightfully expect to be able to buy the whole bag, not have the checkout chick open the bag, empty 9/10ths into her pocket & hand me whats left when I go to pay.

& one thing I have never had happen is an on-course bookie reduce the odds on a horse after I have claimed those odds so I do not see why it is considered a fair practice for online corps to do so. Either the odds we see are truly available or else it is false advertising & must be a violation of consumer law.

As discussed in the interview, there should be legitimate reasons for account closures, fraud, multiple accounts etc.

Have been all the way to the Discrimination Board stugots......they didn't want to know. It seems, at the moment, that punters have no rights. Unfortunately I cannot see this changing.