View Single Post
Old 28th January 2014, 12:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rinconpaul
You trying to outdo the late Alan Wood with this bot you're building Wally? The super algorithm. Good luck with it.

I use the fluctuations, as you know, and would just like to add my two cents worth. It's the age old adage 'put the cart before the horse'?

In other words, consider the reverse of the accepted or logical order of things! I learnt the art of using fluctuations to profit from, by studying race after race live. Many weeks went by before I could start to recognise patterns and interactions. My brain developed theories about successful methods...AND then I started to record and build my database to confirm my beliefs. Not the other way round.

Just a thought
RP You have two key elements in this equation. You have the time and the desire to sit and watch the fluctuations. Maybe the watching came out of necessity but you were able to sit and watch and continue doing so. I neither have the time or the inkling to watch the fluctuations.

However I realize that they are crucial, maybe the crux, to betting. Form is history, ratings are history with experience. Ratings are selective (specific qualifying races), formula based where all races are rated. Prepost is history with experience. The oncourse openers bring history and new data since the last start. Fluctuations are two pronged. They are an indication of how the market is incorporating new, up to the minute, data and shows what the bookie must do to balance his book. The SP is the culmination of all available data right or wrong.

Thus not being able to sit and observe, I will collect and sieve. Then I can have a full set to work with. Not just random races or just metro or just rateable races. I can test the lot.