View Single Post
Old 21st July 2013, 09:31 AM

Default Have u seen my Missus?

The missus left me yesterday. Just in the car, out the drive and disappeared into the morning mist. Billy the cat and I just stood there, not knowing where our next cooked meal would come from.

"That's what happens when you marry a younger woman, Bill", I lamented, as we hoed into our Whiskas and Uncle Toby's Oats. "Lucky it's Saturday," I whispered to Bill". At least we have the horses to keep us occupied. Bill nodded but was soon off to sleep. He has his own room out the back and had been chasing galahs and kangaroos, since I let him out at 7 am and was plum tuckered out.

The phone rang about midday, right in the middle of putting on my bets! It was the missus and she rang to tell me she had arrived safely at our daughters place on the Gold Coast. They were both over the moon and excited, having caught up with the rest of the family, and planning their expedition to the Pink Concert on Monday night.

"Good luck with the Sharkies tonight", she laughed. Knowing I would watch the game down at the pub. "Can't believe you tipped them over the Roosters with no Gallon or Lewis," she bragged, knowing that would put her 10 or so above me in the hospital tipping comp.

Then it was back to work. Five hours hard slog the day before... and on race morning resulted in almost square yesterday thanks to 'Under the Sun' saluting. Didn't even like the horse but it was top system pick.

"Ah well" I said to Bill, "Beats breaking rocks with a sledgehammer, I suppose". Bill just groaned, rolled over and went back to sleep.

The missus will be back Wednesday...just have to survive until then!