View Single Post
Old 3rd July 2013, 05:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaun
This is the reason i love ratings so much LG it does take away the emotion from the selection side of things,
I'm absolutely CERTAIN that emotion plays a decent part in many a race and affects the odds quite substantially. I'll give an example ..... In quite a lot of races, the bookies just "know"" which horse the punters are going to come for, and they play their hand accordingly, like a decent poker player among mugs, the bookies can suck the punters in, and if you're on the ball, there's your 10% to 20% right there in the price bet on another decent chance that's not being "overbet". If you continue to take advantage of the emotion in the punt then you're helping tip the odds in your favour.

Tom Waterhouse, during the carnivals, is a huge source of information and confirmation that the bookies know what's going to happen, who's going to bet on what, and the ability of these professionals to offer the illusion that you're on the class horse / the one everyone wants is just masterful. End result is that when you get beaten you're in the same elite company as the pro's !!!!, that's got to be a good thing doesn't it ?????, as the pro's win over the long term, so will you over the long term ..... Ahhhh, you've finally made it !!!!! That's the illusion !!!!!!!! Tell me I'm wrong and there's not a small % to be had here .............