View Single Post
Old 3rd July 2013, 08:47 AM

You make a good point here, Barny.

One would need to throw more than 1 dart to get to your 'random selection' with your various filters however, or miss the race when the filters are executed? I guess you could strip out out the non-contenders 1st, then throw a dart at the remaining qualifiers OR pick the highest TAB no. An interesting high-level perspective on the punt I reckon.

In all honesty, I think that most of us here might make it much more complicated than it needs to be at times. Perhaps this is partly because;

1. Punting is what we prefer to do with our spare time so we are open to 'labouring the point' or even over-analysing the exercise to 'get the hours in' (or avoid doing something else?)
2. It is not 100% mechanical / intellectual as an exercise i.e. being a human behaviour is loaded with all the emotion, bias, predujices and limiting beliefs that we face in our everyday lives.

Having said that and despite the fact that we are all 'blood and bone' and prone to dumb decisions at times(myself included!), I am all for taking the straightest - simplest line line when it comes to achieving a given objective, assuming there is an element of logic to the approach, of course. Which is why I kind of like it when you come up with a big picture view like this, Barny.

Just getting out my dart set now...

Cheers LG