View Single Post
Old 20th November 2012, 07:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toil
This can be a frustrating game, at Sandown my top rated won 5/6 times but Mooney Valley Cox plate day only 1/6, 4 of the other top raters did place but their place prices were below $2 checked a couple other meetings out and noticed anything starting under like $4 was scoring quite often but not a great deal of bets, maybe just a couple at the meeting.

Hi Toil,

Whatever the average price for your selections is, say $3.60, divide that number by 100.

So 100 divided by 3.6 = 27 or 27% strike rate.

This is a reasonably rough figure and assumes you were betting into a 100% book.

Without knowing anything about your ratings I would advise picking the results apart with a fine tooth comb. You might find the cream is at the lower end of the prices.

The more exposed the form and higher class of race, generally the more accurate your ratings will be. Study Garyf's posts, along with Iomaca.

Don't be discouraged by 1/6 then 5/6 results, this is natural. Perhaps your ratings will not end up profitable at the Valley long-term? Perhaps this was an abberation and you'll be 5/6 at the Valley next time?

"I buy when other people are selling.”
― J. Paul Getty