View Single Post
Old 5th November 2012, 03:26 PM

Wink Melbourne Cup Trifecta Method

A few years ago someone in the media revealed a M.C. trifecta method which either boxed or stood-out (can't remember) a huge amount of combinations.

Not on this forum but on another the author was harshly criticised, some of the postings were very insulting (what's new?)

I had devised a M.C. trifecta system which if I remember correctly was quite similar. I had results going back to the 70's when Trifectas were first available on the Cup. I wrote to the forum and said I too had devised a somewhat similar trifecta method and provided the results, which were quite impressive. There were were no replies neither positive nor negative. I no longer have the results of the method because of a long-dead computer.

My system was to stand-out every selection under $30 in the Telegraph's market with the Field to run second and third. The average outlay was $4,500. There were two years where the trifecta was snared and each paid $60,000.

In today's Telegraph there is someone calling himself the Maths Whiz. He states that if all horses with odds under 50-1 had been boxed in M.C. trifectas since 1989 (he gives no reason for this date but before then there have been some huge divvies) then the current profit would be $40,885. There would have been at least a couple of years I'm aware of where he would not have got the trifectas due to massive placgetter(s).

Just thought some people here would be interested.