View Single Post
Old 7th May 2004, 12:27 PM

Jakelee,
I don't have the stats but I recall Manly doing quite well against the Dragons in the past. But this is a St George side travelling really well at the moment (with the best attack and defence in the league)...they are strong all around the paddock.

It really is a crucial game for Des Hasler's side to win...if only for credibility..I reckon they will be giving it 100% and hopefully Andrew Walker can give them some width in attack and Hoppo 'pulls his finger out' and plays some football. They have been finishing well but really have to take the game from the start and stay in front...good luck to them, I say. Could be a line bet Jakelee?

What about the other games mate? Any ideas?

I think Roosters, Storm and Panthers will win comfortably against their respective oponents...

Cowboys v Warriors is an interesting one with both teams needing this game to boost their aspirations. Thought the Warriors forwards stuck to their guns last week against a strong Melbourne pack...but the Cowboys seem to do well (esp at home) against the NZ side and their outside backs will have a field day if the Warriors don't tighten up out wide. Lance Hohaia adds sum organisation and options at stand off and could be the key in a tight game. This will be a stern test for Ali-less Warriors team... not sure they're up to it.

Think Brisbane will still get up against the Raiders (even without Lockyer and their starting front row) but it will be close...that is if Tallis continues his great form and doesn't lose his cool LOL!

Bulldogs forwards are back to their bruising best...not sure how many are doubling up after the City v Country game but still think they will come through to take this one against the Knights who struggled early against a depleted Rabbitons side.

It will be an interesting weekend esp to see if the Eagles turn up on Saturday to play and if the Broncos can keep to their winning ways...Good luck Jakelee and good punting LOL!