View Single Post
Old 10th May 2011, 05:49 PM

Angry

Mixed emotions today.

2 of the races returned good values. Unfortunately they both are the ones I highlighted as having the 5th fav at the same odds as the 6th fav. Damn it! always the way.

So if you bet all 3 races you would have outlayed 34 units and won back 82.70 units for a ROI of 243% for the day.

If you dropped the "*" races you would have outlayed 11 units and got 3 back for a ROI of 27%.

There's always tomorrow.

I also went back and completed some race days that I had the paper for but did not run through my system. Using all races that qualify I am now on 140% ROI and if I drop races with 5th fav same odds as 6th fav the ROI jumps to 190%.

I also a few other things out. Running a 1 unit bet on 5th fav only if the races qualify as per my normal selection process returns a ROI of 280%, but wins are few are far between. Running a 2% bank grows the bank to 314% increase. May be something worth looking into I think.

I am also looking into what to do with races that do not qualify under my system and what I can do with those horses that do win in my selected races that are not my horses selected. A mouthful I know but the more I look into the data, the more questions I get. Good fun!