View Single Post
Old 14th March 2007, 10:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by crash
Nice offer for Mark Oz, but I think the programming thing is already being done to death after what I've been reading about UK Betfair.

Mark got in early here before all the high tech bot programs started to infiltrate. If the UK is any example, we are heading down the same road and the Lay gravy will become thinner and thinner requiring larger capital investment for the same profit flow.

With all that in mind, after I recently joined Betfair I never jumped onto the Lay bandwagon. I keep doing what I'm best at [backing]. What I have been taking advantage of is the huge overlays regularly on offer from some of the seriously amateur bookies around, often Laying ridiculous high odds on unsuspecting but serious winning chances. I've made some good money off them but I'm sure none of it was from Mark :-)

Actually Crash,

You're off the beam a little, it wasn't what I was offering Mark at all... I've looked into writing a robot for B/F but it is much harder to do than many think... First of all you have the timing problems where the odds are changing while you're processing etc... But more over I found the B/F API to be most unreliable.. I can't say it's buggy but there are lots of things that don't perform as expected... and lots of people in their tech help side that have little or no knowledge on the subject..

In my opinion to make a robot work on B/F you'd need to be connected direct to their servers and paying top dollar (200+ pounds a mth) for the service...I imagine that works well in England but here on our small pools, youd be struggling..I can think of easier ways to go crazy...

I have found B/F to be a could source of uneducated money...

Regards
OzPunter