View Single Post
Old 13th March 2007, 05:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by crash
What's an 'ideal bet" [without hindsight :-) ]?

I envisage a computer program that will analyse every race at a given meeting and provide a profile of which races may contain an ideal bet, requireing further investigation..

After investigation and rating the runner as a straight out bet, or as a place bet, or as Lay bet, or even as part of a dutch book bet you should be able to come up with betting situation say once a month, or once a week on average.

Then you stll have to decide wether to step in or not...

If you do, you should expect to win an your results should give you the confidence to do so...

It's a lot of work for little action, but the string of positive results you get can be quite outstanding.. I personally had a string of 8 wins late last year doing just that... Now I was only betting in the $25 range but had I gone harder the profits would have been quite substantial..

Take a $500 amount and double it 4 times and you get $8,000 so do that over 3 months and you should be able to live off of it...

I find it hard to accept that for the millions of punters that flock to the races evey week or log onto betting sites that evey single punter is losing... Shure 99.9% do lose, and we all know why.. Its finding the .01% that's the chalange... They must be out there..

It's still worth trying, to give up is to fail for sure.

Kind Regards
OzPunter