View Single Post
Old 13th March 2007, 04:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dingoboy
All this talking of professionals, ahhh, what a life.

I would love nothing more than to have that business card in the wallet, just imagine pulling it out,

"MR PUNT"

professional gambler

Phone: (dont bother, i wont answer)
Business AdressRosehill/caufeild/spare room down stairs)

Seriously though, i would love to be that good.

I have had insight into a couple of lads out here who are, their life aint that flash i must say but they are full time.

But how long is a piece of string, when does one rip up the mortgage papers, tell the boss to get nicked.

For me, it will be when i have a bank that can withstand a massive run off outs so i can write it off and start again.

Secondly i do have a place/target thing that does make a good return, it is "enough" to do a certain thing for me each month, but i refuse do it for a living as i dont wont my kids going to school and having them tell others "ah, my dady sits at home betting on horses" if you all know where im going.

So, its a FEW years away for me at the moment.

I did see a very flash green sports car in the area a couple of times with plates "punter", it wasnt mr ponting.

Great topic.

D

Well Dingo,
I'm sure it can be done and I don't expect it to be easy... Once your kids are in uni (like mine) and you don't have to work to pay bills you may find the urge to try doing it for a full time income..

I've known 3 or 4 who claim to be professional but what they really are doing is making enough to live on from selling their tips and systems an punting with the rest... I doubt if anyone who buys their stuff ever makes money out of it and so it's a bit sad because I also know a family that was destoyed when the breadwinner lost his job (punting at work) and then put in their savings to try to get a better life... Shot himself eventually and now there's three kids with no dad and a widdow on a pension...

I don't have much respect for those that sell systems...

Still if you're gonna succeed you have to do it the hard way..

Kind Regards
OzPunter