OZmium Sports Betting and Horse Racing Forums

OZmium Sports Betting and Horse Racing Forums (http://forums.ozmium.com.au/index.php)
-   Horse Race Betting Systems (http://forums.ozmium.com.au/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Interesting? (http://forums.ozmium.com.au/showthread.php?t=26211)

michaelg 31st March 2013 09:57 AM

Interesting?

Yesterday arvo I was at my computer for a few hours and I experimented on a Lay system.

I looked at Betfair's prices a minute before start time and identified those at single figures - there must be a minimum of three single-priced selections. Then I checked Unitab's rankings for these horses and layed the worst ranked. If there were two of these worst ranked selections I did not bet, and if the selection was resuming from a spell I also did not bet.

I layed 11 selections for 11 smiles, and laying for a liability of $33 the profit was $76.29.

I hope to do more of this laying method today.

Rinconpaul 31st March 2013 04:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by michaelg
Yesterday arvo I was at my computer for a few hours and I experimented on a Lay system.

I looked at Betfair's prices a minute before start time and identified those at single figures - there must be a minimum of three single-priced selections. Then I checked Unitab's rankings for these horses and layed the worst ranked. If there were two of these worst ranked selections I did not bet, and if the selection was resuming from a spell I also did not bet.

I layed 11 selections for 11 smiles, and laying for a liability of $33 the profit was $76.29.

I hope to do more of this laying method today.
Well I just came home from a brief holiday, read your post and thought I'd try it on the next available race: Sunshine Coast R5. 4 single figure Lay prices with the one with the lowest Unitab rating being No 1 Strada Title, which Won! I'm sure I interpreted your rules right.
RP

michaelg 31st March 2013 05:05 PM

Sorry about that, RP.

Not being at my computer I didn't lay that race. However I did for Mudgee R4 which was an accident. Yesterday there were quite a few placegetters which worried me so I'm currently halting the method - I don't know if I'll even consider continuing it.

Rinconpaul 31st March 2013 05:10 PM

Quote:
Sorry about that, RP.

Not being at my computer I didn't lay that race. However I did for Mudgee R4 which was an accident. Yesterday there were quite a few placegetters which worried me so I'm currently halting the method - I don't know if I'll even consider continuing it.
Mate, no need to apologise, that's what experimentation is all about. Maybe if you introduced another filter: Can't be 1st favourite which is what Strada Title was? I use this filter in all my selections.
Cheers RP

michaelg 31st March 2013 05:43 PM

Hi, RP.

Yesterday there were two faves that were beaten, so I don't know if omitting the faves will do it.

I might again look at the method, but instead of Unitab's rankings I could look at something else, like the Tele's pre-post market???

I've now checked the two accidents today, and if I had used the Tele market instead of Unitab they would have both been smiles.

Rinconpaul 1st April 2013 08:26 AM

Quote:
Hi, RP.

I might again look at the method, but instead of Unitab's rankings I could look at something else, like the Tele's pre-post market???

I've now checked the two accidents today, and if I had used the Tele market instead of Unitab they would have both been smiles.
Don't bother MG, I just checked out Nowra, Stawell, Mudgee & Sunshine Coast races from yesterday. Using Tele pre post market you would have had 10 smiles and 5 accidents.
RP

Rinconpaul 1st April 2013 01:41 PM

Following up

I've been looking beyond using the Tele pre poll market and looked at the Herald Sun instead. The Herald conveniently places the Unitab rating alongside the forecast Div, which the Tele doesn't do. Just makes it quicker to spot divergence.
For Saturdays meetings if you layed the 100 Rated horse that wasn't showing as Fav in the forecast dividend, you would have achieved 26 smiles and 2 accidents. Haven't looked at the final prices but I would suggest that you would come out in front on the day as most Divs would be a single figure.
For yesterday, Sunday, you would have had 12 smiles from 12 and some sub $5 div's.
Cheers RP