OZmium Sports Betting and Horse Racing Forums

OZmium Sports Betting and Horse Racing Forums (http://forums.ozmium.com.au/index.php)
-   Horse Race Betting Systems (http://forums.ozmium.com.au/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Unitab System for Sunday 7 March. (http://forums.ozmium.com.au/showthread.php?t=4316)

michaelg 7th March 2004 10:43 AM

Yesterday the system struck out thanks to the three rain-affected tracks of Warwick Farm (slow/heavy), Toowoomba (heavy) and Newcastle (heavy). Without them, there would have been 6 selections for 6 placings including 3 winners. So from today, soft and heavy tracks will be omitted. Incidentally, Don Scott recommended that rain-affected tracks be avoided.

To recap the rules:
1 ) Must be a Last Start Placegetter.
2 ) Must be in top three pre-post faves.
3 ) No Slow or Heavy tracks.
4 ) Minimum of 8 starters.
5 ) Gap of 4 (also 3) points on Unitab.

Today's selections are:

4 Pointers
Stony Ck R5 no. 4 - Wood In Deed

3 Pointers
Echuca R7 no. 3 - Majestic Flush

My Place system:
Stony Ck R9 no. 6 - Who's In Charge
Corowa R7 no. 1 - Spysept
Corowa R8 no. 2 - Mrs Lecter
Echuca R7 no. 3 - Majestic Flush.

rooster 7th March 2004 04:24 PM

Michaelg, new to forum and am enjoying it immensely.Your place system seems very interesting. Said you posted rules on forum ,cant find though?

sportznut 7th March 2004 05:12 PM

Michael, just another suggestion for you to think about. How about at least 2 starts from a spell? I think a few of the ones to have lost recently have only had one run back.

michaelg 7th March 2004 06:03 PM

Hi, Rooster.

I've outlined the updated rules, five of them, in today's posting in the paragraph prior to nominating the selections. On those rules, we've had only one losing Place selection which was today at Stony Creek. The Win bet for the 3 and 4 points gap is in profit since recording the results from last Thursday.

Hi, Sportznut. The only loser for the Place so far as per the updated rules has been today. So if there were any other losers they would have been eliminated due to the filters. But it is certainly something for me to look at because the only unplaced selection was having its second run from a spell. From tomorrow, I'll identify those horses that fall into the category of having less than two runs from a spell. However, it would be expected that Unitab would factor this into their ratings.

michaelv 8th March 2004 09:12 AM

Michael, what do you do with the horses that have a gap or more than 4 because I noticed there have been a few from time to time?

michaelg 8th March 2004 11:17 AM

Hi, Michaelv.

I include these in the 4 pointer selections, which really I should show as 4 points-plus.

Freak 13th March 2004 08:53 PM

Michaelg, I have been following your system and am quite impressed. I note that some-one else asked about the rules for the"Place" system on the 7th March as he could not find it.I am in the same boat. I was wondering if you could oblige and give me a clue.
regards Ken